Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rain + no coffee = oh crap I slept all day

Happy Sunday y'all!

Ah, it's been rainy and stormy here. This not only makes my face feel like it's in a vice (thanks, sinuses!) but it makes me sleeeeeepy. The sound of rain is so soothing! So, I ended up sleeping pretty much all day yesterday, between the rain and drinking no coffee. Oops. So then I slept more last night, woke up and had some coffee this morning, and since it's still rainy I totally want to just crawl in bed but I am trying my best to stay awake! The cats make it look so alluring and comfy though... *sigh* I am constantly battling my Circadian Rhythm. Just like my dancing rhythm, it appears I have none.

Since it's Sunday, I'm feeling inspired. Here are some inspire-y bits I've found around the web lately!

I really like this quote from Marianne Williamson that was posted on her Facebook: The ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." The spirit says, "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place."

You may have heard of Michael Pollen's 7 Words and 7 Rules for Eating. They resonate a lot with me, and I especially like the one about not eating anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. It makes me giggle to think of mine coming along with me to the grocery store and oogling in the aisles. Sometimes I feel as fascinated as they might be when I look at all the prepackaged stuff. Darn newfangled contraptions! *shakes fist in air* hee hee.

I really like this article: The Try Something New Manifesto. Ever since I first read it, I have tried to incorporate trying new things into my daily life. Branching out of my comfort zone is a little scary sometimes but for the most part it's exciting to accomplish something different!

Lately I have been totally enamoured by Joanna Devoe, who I recently found via her podcast when searching iTunes for witchy and pagan things. She reminds me a lot of myself when it comes to the merge of pagan and new thought kind of ideas.


Wise words from Gabrielle Bernstein.

I hope you have an awesome day! Namaste :)

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing what you've found on the internet to inspire us!
    Enjoyed reading your words. I know about the wanting to sleep--I love sleep--slept 12 hours a night when I was brought home from the hospital as a baby. Some things don't change. :-)

    ReplyDelete