Tuesday, August 13, 2013

♪ Music to My Ears! ♪

Things like this are what amuses me throughout my day: While sitting at a red light in my car, I picked up my bottle of water and opened the cap. As I lifted it to my mouth to take a sip, the song on the radio, "Give It Away" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, sang, "drink a little wah-tah!" Heeee. :)


I've always loved the color scheme (if you want to call it that) of this video. GLITTERY and SHINY and METALLIC oh yes


Ian pointed out that this song and video is now over 20 years old. WHAT. How. 1991 wasn't that long ago, was it?! AUGH! *feels old* (even though I got told at a doctor visit today I look 16. I'm going to totally go back to high school like that Drew Barrymore movie current high schoolers totally wouldn't know about, wahhh)

Okay, time to not feel so old: NEW MUSIC! WEEEEEE!


I heard Katy Perry's new song "Roar" on the radio, too, and ...I think I like it. Not really for the music, but I like the lyrics a lot. And now that I've watched her lyric video for it, I might just like it even more... emojis and OMG KITTY at the end!


Cuuuuuuuuuuute :D


Another new song I'm like eeeeeeeeeeeee! super duper squeal-y excited about is Lady Gaga's "Applause." Okay, so I admit, I have a poster of Lady Gaga in my closet. Not because I'm a closet Gaga fan, haha, but because looking at her when I'm picking out my clothes inspires me and makes me happy. I kinda love her. :)  So my expectations for her new music are like WAAAAAAY up there. So on my first listen, I'm not as squeeful as I expected to be, but that's okay. I'm waiting for someone to make a remix that focuses on bringing out what I hear as the Marilyn Manson style in her voice. Or, a dubstep remix, because right after the "applause" x54695867 lyric build-up, I feel like there could totally be a gnarly dubstep breakdown.

But yeah, tell me this promo video doesn't give you a Manson-style creepy vibe!


And this outfit?


Aaand here's the song itself:



I can't wait to see a music video for this (soooooooooon). This song is an example of one where I'm kind of "eh" about the lyrics but I can see it being something good to listen to while running or exercising to get yourself totally pumped up.

But yeah, I think if anyone can mix Manson and Dubstep, it'd be Gaga. Either way, I'm totally looking forward to more of her new "ARTPOP" era.

And somehow this turned into a music post. Weeeee! I find there are very few "top hits" that I enjoy as I get older, but with music on the internet it's so much easier to find independent and obscure singers and bands that make my ears happy.


Are there any new-to-you songs or bands lately that you just can't get enough of?

1 comment:

  1. I get into little bursts of music all the time. For a little while recently, I was listening to Lindsey Stirling incessantly, but I've cooled off on that now.

    ReplyDelete